Corporate Social Responsibility
UTS has taken a host of community development projects in Pakistan. Projects ranging from providing home shelters to elderly community members. In addition, UTS provides education and training support and supports families in terms of money, food and shelter through “Indus Home Welfare Foundation”.
Indus Home Welfare Foundation
IHWF was founded in January 1, 2010 and our mission is to provide voluntary and free services and facilities to deserving people when and where required.
Call (051) 2111106 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | http://indushome.org.pk
Indus Home Welfare Foundation has achieved following milestones by getting donations from family and friends:
- Distribution of monthly ration to more than 50 families per month since 2013.
- Payment of rent of more than 05 houses in Rawalpindi where old homeless persons are living since last two years.
- PKR 3.5 Million on the treatment of dread diseases and heart surgeries of two persons since last four years.
- PKR 0.5 Million for the provision of medicines to the needy persons since last four years.
- PKR 1.5 Million for arrangements of marriages of needy persons since last four years.
Current Projects in Education & Training by IFHD
Indus Foundation possesses competent human resource of high profile for accepting challenges for working on complex educational, health, environmental and socio-cultural initiatives. Members of the Indus Team have been carrying out training and research work in collaboration with other NGOs as well as its own.
The Foundation regularly conducts training programs, management and research surveys, including the surveys on opening sustainable schools and enhancement of literacy programs. Our Master Trainers have been involved in high profile training programs in academic, corporate, health and public sector. Currently, we are doing the following projects:
Out Door Education & Training
Outdoor Education Training is jointly offered by Indus Foundation for Human Development and Punjab Red Crescent Society. The program is designed and offered to selected lecturers and professors of govt. and private college from across the Punjab. Training activities are held at PRCS training center in Murree so far over 100 college participated in this development program.
Green Teacher Initiative-II
Green Teacher Initiative-II is a self-funded program of Indus Foundation for Human Development with logistic support of Quaid College Lahore. The program is designed and offered for male and female school teachers and lecturer of college across the country. Training workshops are organized on demand with practical activities at places of natural significance or educational institutions of different cities.
Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Pakistan (youth development initiative)
Duke of Edinburgh’s Award in an international youth development program present in over 100 countries. In Pakistan is present in all provinces and Indus Foundation has provided office, voluntary human resource and honorary management in the province of Punjab. Executive Director of Indus Foundation for Human Development is serving as honorary Zonal coordinator (Punjab).
Training & Development Projects
Team Members of Indus Foundation for Human Development have been involved in successful completion of Educational, Training, Development, Research and institutional development projects for following renowned institutions:
- World Bank
- Asian Development Bank
- Higher Education Commission of Pakistan
- Ministry of Education, Government of Pakistan
- Curriculum Research & Development Center
- United Nations Development Program
- Trust for Voluntary Organizations
- Johar Educational & Medical Society Pakistan
- Pakistan Red Crescent Society
- Punjab Education Foundation, Govt. of the Punjab
- Citizens Commission for Human Development
- Prime Minister’s Literacy Commission
- Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Pakistan
- International Award Association, Asia Pacific Region
- Punjab Vocational Training Council
- Gohar Publishers Consortium Pakistan
- Pakistan Education Council
- Cathedral School System Pakistan
- Global Rivers Environmental Education Network, Australia